Sojourner:Wise Words:Poem


 

Sojourner

Like a mountain stream,
 my years cascade by as
 I watch seasons with
increased momentum,
dissolve around me.

The ageing process marks 
my stay here.
Its lines and defects are
compensated by memories
from my past life; ever
sharper the further back
I probe.

I hope to tarry a little longer 
as my pneuma is still strong and
although pathways are often
strewn with garbage and 
misdirection, I struggle
onwards to  reach the
eternal goal and complete
life's circle.

Ck. 03/09/'20

📰📰📰📰

Wise Words.
 "They say, as you gain a certain vintage, time sheds its boots
and puts on trainers."

'The Major.'


📰📰📰📰


 
This Holly Tree  was covered in berries.

Are we in for a hard winter, as the sages say?
A final roll of the die from 2020. We shall see.

WiFi for now,
Ck.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jimmy Uttley: God's Spring Blessing

Toys for the Boys

Tuesday Glory: Spring is Coming