Racing Ahead



Went to Cheltenham Racecourse yesterday to the inaugural Season Preview Day.

The weather was kind and the course looked in grand fettle ; although I learned that they badly needed rain and had been watering for the past three weeks , in order to be ready for the first meeting on 16/17 October.

I was able to see several new ( to me) sights ; namely the Stewards' Room

, the dope testing facilities , and the weighing room .


I was also " presented " with the Gold Cup at the winner's spot and made it up to the grandstand roof , where Peter O'Sullivan used to do the Race Commentaries . ( See pic 1 )

I also saw this rocking horse named Kauto Star after the present Gold Cup Winner ; which brought a smile to a very pleasant day out.

Ciao4now
Ck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jimmy Uttley: God's Spring Blessing

Tuesday Glory: Spring is Coming

Toys for the Boys