The Major Report; Morris Dancer

' The Major requested me to place this statement with regard to his latest health issues:
      A. Baxter.

" Respected Friends, Acknowledged Creditors and Sundry Others.
Thank you all for your concerns.
 My daily treatment for the 'nether regions' is progressing relatively smoothly, allowing for variations in timing, wind and water. I am being treated with great civility by all members of staff. Baxter has conveyed me to and from the hospital, which is immensely  helpful.  We have the use of a parking permit, which avoids the clatter of coinage and is a real boon to Baxter.

 I have been glad of my tweed suitings, due to the rather inclement winds which seem to be ushering in the start of Spring.

I asked Baxter to furnish me with some reading matter, whilst waiting to be called in for treatment. His immediate choice was " The Illustrated History of Glasgow Rangers." which I'm bound to say, was less than inspiring. With a request for  more patriotic literature, the good man brought " The Collected Poems of Alfred, Lord Tennyson." Much more my sort of thing- " Into the Valley of Death rode the Six Hundred  ----- Bravo!

As I reported in my last missile, the operation and running of the business is firmly in the hands of the Memsahib, who works with great diligence and care, keeping all the staff on their toes. The last quarter showed an upturn in our profits with weakening sterling providing a handy window for our exports.

When my treatment is concluded, I am beginning to feel, I shall have difficulty in regaining the bridge !

Once again, many thanks for your continued good wishes.
I remain.
     D. Wyford-Clark"
👞👞👞👞👞


Recently whilst visiting Upton Upon Severn, I noticed this arresting picture of a Morris Dancer, which somebody had put on the window of a closed shop.


 A splendid effort I thought, which really cheered up this street corner.



👞👞👞👞👞




The Clocks spring forward  this weekend (26/ 03 /'17 ) and serve as a prelude to the coming flat racing season at 'Sunny Donny' on 1st April. No wonder the wind has been whistling around just lately, threatening the new newly formed blossom. It's 'em 'osses again.

Wifi for now,
Ck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jimmy Uttley: God's Spring Blessing

Tree-ology: Final glories

Tuesday Glory: Spring is Coming