Rhymes and Words: A Snowy Scene

Well here we are again. It's already beginning to seem we've been in the year 2018 for quite a time.
Just waiting for the first Snowdrop, to announce Spring is on her way.


THE RHYMER'S LAMENT

I don’t know where this rhyme is going
Because the future is really unknowing 

From my thoughts words slowly dribble 
But is it really art or merely scribble?

Thoughts cascade from my pounding skull
Some quite coherent, but mostly, null.

I need to assemble the best phrases.
To bring a higher quality that raises
This snow storm of  useless verbiage 
Making heart heavy and eyes squirmiest.


Oh to produce a  memorable ode
Upon the minds of readers to bestow,
a word, a phrase or slight refrain
that makes a stay in someone’s brain.

So  I’ll look for pearls in oysters
and plant myself in quiet cloisters. 





Ck 16/01/ '18


I wrote the above piece, using the app " Writr. " This allows you to input a word. The app then
instantly gives you words that rhyme  with the word inputed.  It pulls up words which you might not normally think about and also produces near rhymes. Example: Verbiage - Squirmiest. Interesting.

^^^^^^^^^^^
 I have never been a particular lover of the Beatles; but one can never gainsay the lyrical genius of Lennon and McCartney. I was particularly drawn to " Across The Universe, " from the 1970 album  " Let It Be " I was not surprised to learn that Mr. Lennon considered this one of his best lyrics. The images flow and create a most optimistic world view and also belie the happy state of Lennon\s mind at this time. All was good.


"Across The Universe"
("Let It Be" Version)

Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup
They slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind
Possessing and caressing me

Jai guru deva om
Chorus
Nothing's gonna change my world X4


Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes
They call me on and on across the universe
Thoughts meander like a restless wind
Inside a letter box they
Tumble blindly as they make their way
Across the universe

Jai guru deva om
Nothing's gonna change my world X4

Sounds of laughter shades of life are ringing
Through my open ears inciting and inviting me
Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns
And calls me on and on across the universe

Jai guru deva om
Nothing's gonna change my world x4

Jai guru deva X6
Ja... ( and fade out)

( Jai guru deva om is sanskrit meaning " I give thanks to Guru Deva )


Here is a video I found which shows the Fab Four in India. The rather sketchy sound is more than compensated  by the picture footage.


India


^^^^^^^^^^^


Our winter scene  this time is once again brought by friend K.




I expect some white flurries  to declare themselves later this week, so as usual stay warm and look for photo opportunities.

WiFi for now
Ck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jimmy Uttley: God's Spring Blessing

Tree-ology: Final glories

Tuesday Glory: Spring is Coming