Autumn Glow

Autumn Glow

A butterfly pirouetted in corn stalks.
What I wondered was it doing
     in this 
late October day?

I had reached my beeches, for another
 year of wonder.




I walked, or rather stumbled along
the dusty track and looked
 over at the land

meeting the horizon in gentle
wold folds.

It was quiet enough
to hear nature in the raw.

Birds flew disturbed from the trees
while insects hummed and buzzed
an autumn symphony.

Ahead, along the path lay
  Notgrove or was it Nutwood 
in Rupert Bear land?



Stepping into the grove,
 a tree-world  filled with leaf 
encrusted paths and I felt a
 zephyr of wind
 move the evergreen leaves.

They seemed to make music, 
far above my hearing range
dancing notes that swayed
 in graceful leaf minuets. 

 Spiders groomed
and cobwebs swoomed
laying down their traps.

 Leaves were falling and
sprawling to be received
 by the ground underneath.
Winter would be coming
before long. 




I made my mark, not
with the vigour of youth,

 but sufficient to ensure an
annual pact with the soil.

 Stepping out tree-roots
entwined with my feet

trying to bar my departure
from this magic grove.

Reluctantly I stepped outside,
turned to lean on a gate

 marvelling  at the benison 
and provenance  of nature
here in Gloucestershire.



Ck 20/10//'18


WiFi for Now
Ck.

Comments

  1. Quite enjoyable viewing and reading. Felt like I was walking with you and breathing the country air, feeling the slight chill of an autumn afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

please feel free to comment and point out faults.
glad to have you aboard .

Curlykale.

Popular posts from this blog

Jimmy Uttley: God's Spring Blessing

Tuesday Glory: Spring is Coming

Toys for the Boys