Worms Head: Major Recovery




Worms Head ( Gower Coast south Wales.)


Regal rocks guard the bay.
Steep steps lead the walker 
downwards.
Reaching the sandy, visceral beach.
Siblant surf approaches.
Steadily infilling the foreshore and
leading the tidal flow in an eternal
ceilidh dance; curated by moonshine.

Seven years pass.
The pathway and my gait
 become uncertain both in
 delivery and purpose.
Worn away by storms and my
deteriorating starboard pin.
I remember the grandeur of the bay
and the space on the sand to sit and
ponder and even write down a
few lines in the Welsh sunshine.

😞😞😞😞😞😞
CK Written on this Gower beach 03/09/'13.
        Updated 05/08/'20


Hello Everyone ,

From Major Wynford- Clarke.


Reaching into my  trusty almanac,I discovered  my last posting was incredibly over two and  half years ago.
 Methinks old Father Tyme, has not only cast
 off his army boots; but has changed them for running shoes
and has set off, for some far finishing line.
My ongoing lack of mobility continues and as promised in my last communication, my good man Baxter purchased me  a scooter, which gingerly at first, I began to make my  way around the estate to see how the workers were getting on and in so doing, startled my gardener, ' Moldy' Muldoon, when  wishing him " Good Morning Moldy, " he almost fell over the bean sticks in surprise .

The Memsahib, naturally has taken over the running of the estate.
With her extreme efficiency and  no-nonsence approach, the spring water and various types of fruit flavoured cider are well stocked up and her greatest and as it transpired, prophetic triumph was the  settling up of an online business " Liquid Ro-manse ".

So, all was going well, until, as my granddaughter S. called  it, the ' China Bug ' appeared and I was confined to barracks .

One Sunday morning  I noticed, on the television, the familiar face of our vicar Ed Harris{ed}. " Baxter, "  I exclaimed " the vicar is on the screen, what's he done wrong ?"
Baxter replied" No,no  he is conducting a virtual church service ! "
He explained that because of the virus, people were having to  talk to one another, through the medium of computers and video links.
If that's the way, its going, so be it.

Myself, I like to look a person in the face, shake hands and make a judgement .

The other day, the Memsahib looked particularly fearsome and awe-inspiring, when donning visor and mask she set off to begin her bi-weekly stint at the local charity shop to raise cash, principally for our local church St. Needfulls; a worthy cause indeed
.
Lately, I have been feeling a bit ' tickety' but not' boo' and left, but not right, if you catch my drift.
I have had an attack of the " Mothers" ( Editors note- Mothers - clout: gout. Ali Baxter ), laying me low and painful in my pins.

Our Doctor C. Charge recommended a change of diet, reducing the vino and spirits, cutting down on sugar and salt and generally passing 'Go and not getting two hundred pounds ! '
A dire message indeed.

Expect ' Young Boris,' under the guise of the virus attacks to get us  out  of Europe once and for all at the end of this year.
I shall raise the flags of the Union and St. George and toast the world with our low alcohol raspberry cider and munch on our new line of vegan burgers.
That, concludes the news for now.
Farewell,
D. Wyeford-Clarke 

😞😞😞😞😞😞

 The latest sunset from Spain ( courtesy J.E. )


😞😞😞😞😞😞


Some  wise words for our times:

"We are all full of weakness and error;
Let us mutually pardon each other our follies"
Voltaire.

WiFi for now,
C.k.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jimmy Uttley: God's Spring Blessing

Tuesday Glory: Spring is Coming

Toys for the Boys