Poem, Prose and Skies

 

Self-Portrait


The Old Tree


The wind of despair blew around the old tree. He looked forward to the re-assurance  of the Sun , warming  his gnarled bark

These days he felt closer to his roots than his ageing branches. He longed, with a sigh for the short- lived vitality of blossom, where he felt pride and joined Cherry, Pear and Apple in a wavy cascade of colour

These days, he looked at admiration at Chloe Cherry, who had reached a crown of maturity, within a few Season’s turn., whilst Arthur Apple and Pam Pear seemed a little reluctant to grow many rings.

These days it was good to reach out with his root tendrils to Chloe; Arthur and Pam and share a bit sap with them.

This day the Old Tree was shutting down for Winter and living with the wisdom of his ring memories. He would try to grow upwards when Spring arrived.

                                                              🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲


 The Unfinished Symphony

I am marooned in the past

all my heroes lashed to the mast.

Ginger,Graham, and Long John

In the waves of time they are 

 gone.


Guitars, organs, drums and bass

Like radar, holding memories in

a sonic place.


Dancing rocks the heaving deck

I dance myself into a sweat- drenched

wreck.


I make my way like a drunken frog

to the forecastle for a pint of  grog.


And now.

I stand upon the shore

knowing there'll  be no more

bright blue moonbeams and

 a wind of half-remembered

themes.


i’m looking at the harbour-side

wearing cans, live music denied

waiting for my ship of fools.


This I can plainly state

Father time does not wait

to view my ship of fools.

Ck 03/'21

🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲



Courtesy Kb



Courtesy JE

 ðŸŒ²ðŸŒ²ðŸŒ²ðŸŒ²ðŸŒ²


Wise Words.


"When I let go of what I am,

I become what I might be".

Lao Tzu

🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲


February always brings surprises .

Following floods and heat in successive years,

this year is the turn of cold.

Keep warm and as we know, the only good 

thing that comes from the North East

is Newcastle United, not the NE wind!

WiFi for now

Ck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jimmy Uttley: God's Spring Blessing

Tuesday Glory: Spring is Coming

Toys for the Boys